August 06, 2011

16 Lucille Ball Quotes to Celebrate Her Birthday

What better way to remember Lucille Ball on her 100th birthday, August 6th, than with some famous and humorous Lucille Ball quotes? Few women will ever enjoy the fame and adoration experienced by this American icon. Let these 16 famous quotes remind us of just how unique and fabulous Lucille Ball truly was.

1. "I think knowing what you cannot do is more important than knowing what you can do. In fact, that's good taste."

2. "Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead."

3. "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done."

4. "The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age."

5. "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more you do, the more you can do... and don't you forget it!"

6. "One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."

7. "In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

8. "A man who correctly guesses a woman's age may be smart, but he's not very bright."

9. "Life's a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

10. "Women's lib?...It doesn't interest me one bit. I've been so liberated it hurts."

11. "How I LOVE LUCY was born? We decided that instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes, we'd profit from them."

12. "I'm happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways."

13. "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."

14. "I'm not funny. What I am is brave."

15. "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."

16. "I was shy for several years in my early days in Hollywood until I figured out that no one really gave a damn if I was shy or not, and I got over my shyness."

Lucille Ball truly was an inspiration. Not only was she one of the most powerful women in Hollywood in her day, she was also a true class act and a genuinely good person. These 16 Lucille Ball quotes remind us just how much of a difference one person can make in the lives of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment